Dental implants are the permanent solution to regaining lost and broken teeth.
Avoid the embarrassment and expense that comes with ill-fitted dentures and loose crowns. Take back the reigns to your life with strong, beautiful teeth and a confident smile.
Schedule an appointment
Dental Implants - what are they?
- Removal of the damaged tooth if any
- Bone grafting if needed
- Insertion of the titanium screws in the jawbone
- A couple of weeks are given for the implant to heal and bind with the jawbone
- The attachment of the connector or the abutment to the metal post of the implant
- Fixing of the new tooth or crown on the abutment
Are Dental Implants Your Only Option?
Apart from dental implants, you can also opt for:
Dentures- can be done partially (when some teeth are missing) or fully (when all teeth are missing). A false tooth or teeth is attached to a metal or plastic framework and fixed in the gaps.
Bridges- are false teeth that are attached in between the existing teeth on either side. Dental bridges are suitable for people who are missing more than one tooth in a consecutive row.
Both procedures are not permanent and need replacements after a couple of years. Furthermore, you may need additional cutting or filing near the remaining teeth to make your dentures or bridges fit into the gaps.
There is no solid foundation or artificial root inserted with dentures or bridges like in a dental implant. The lack of support can lead to loosening of the dentures or crown and make it fall out. They are also not as strong as dental implants, and you need to restrict types of food from your diet. The bite strength from dentures and bridges can in no way compare to those of your natural teeth or implants. Speech difficulty is another added disadvantage of multiple dentures.
Bridges do not prevent bone loss in the jaw as they are placed on the gum and not implanted inside. They can also damage healthy teeth as crowns are placed over existing teeth to support the new artificial teeth.
But dentures and bridges are far less expensive than dental implants. They are a quick fix in the short-term but can in no way be compared to the high quality and performance of dental implants.
Why Dental Implants Might Be The Best Option For You?
Dental implants have become increasingly popular over the years because it provides a permanent solution to missing teeth. The results are superior to other procedures as the titanium in the implants fuses with your jawbone. Dental implants:
- are the only restorative dental procedure that bonds with the jaw bone and stimulates bone growth
- If taken care of properly, dental implants can last for as long as your lifetime
- Are made to fit your natural teeth, and there is no need to file or trim the surrounding teeth
- Not only look natural but feel and function like real teeth
- Are implanted in the jawbone, hence do not affect or restrict mouth and teeth movement
- Become a natural part of your teeth structure without any discomfort. There is no feeling of having a foreign object in your mouth that comes with removable dentures or bridges
- Can be done for both single and multiple teeth
- Are inserted in the jawbone and don’t need support from the nearby teeth. A dental implant surgery does not cause damage or stress to the rest of the teeth as dental bridges do
- There is no danger of your artificial tooth or teeth falling out or making strange clackety noises as the implants are inside
- Are made of a superior material that does not decay, and there is no danger of cavities
- Ensure that there is no danger of your artificial teeth falling out or becoming loose. You can enjoy yourself and eat any food you want
- Do not need any specialised cleaning equipment or tools. Regular dental care and cleaning is enough to take care of them
- Preserve the bone under the missing teeth, keep your teeth alignment straight and protect your facial shape from the changes caused by missing teeth
Weakening of your teeth is a natural process that comes with age and genetics. But with the advancement in dental technology, it doesn’t have to be something you should accept quietly. After all, your confidence and smile are not something you should compromise on.
Being able to smile and express yourself should be instantaneous. Going out to eat your favourite foods or laughing with friends over a good movie is all yours to conquer. Hiding is not the answer.
Our dedicated team of dentists are here to guide you every step of the way, addressing your concerns and answering your questions.
With our top-of-the-line dental implants, you can live life to the fullest with a smile that reflects your confidence and happiness.
Call us to get an appointment now.
Book a Consultation
Contact our friendly team now.